Monday, December 22, 2008

Cranium - Cranium Giggle Gear Mega Mask Fun Fairy

Cranium Giggle Gear Mega Mask Fun Fairy





Cranium Giggle Gear Mega Mask Fun Fairy


Morph into a robot, bug, or alien! Use the wacky and wild Cranium Giggle Gear pieces to create hilarious faces and transform your voice. Kit includes a variety of eye, nose, ear and mouth parts, plus a special Giggle Gear voice morpher. Requires one 9-volt battery, included.




Customer Review: Entertaining and Fun!




I bought this for my 7 year old this past Christmas and it was an instant hit! She wore it the whole day and got a lot of laughs from the crazy way she looked to the silly voice coming from the speaker, which can clip to a pocket or other piece of clothing. She loves the mix and match pieces (flowers and different colored eye pieces) which are NOT difficult to put on. She can even use the pieces from the discarded fairy talkies (see other review). The speaker also has a volume control dial for quieter play. I wouldn't say this toy is educational, but it sure sparks the imagination and creativity. Aside from the usual lost pieces, this toy is still working 4 months later with no issues.




Customer Review: Really fun but could be improved




We love the giggle gear mask. We bought two of them for Christmas and my kids have really enjoyed them. They pretend to be robots, and use them in dress ups and they are really fun. We got the more gender neutral one for my son. I like that the pieces can be used for either mask.






My only complaint is that the arm which holds on the mouthpiece cracked about a week after Christmas. The part that broke was the little knob which holds the mic onto the mouthpiece.






Also, the toy eats up a lot of batteries. My kids have a hard time knowing if it is on or off. It is easy to not know that you have left it on (even for the adults in the family). We've come to find the batteries dead a few times now.






We were able to glue the broken piece using model glue, and so far so good. But I was surprised. Cranium stuff is usually really durable and we've never had problems like this before.






I would buy Cranium again, and I would buy this, too, but I would love it if the company would make the needed improvements.